Free as a bird - by gallopinto on Polyvore.com
To Scritch is to stimulate the scalp by using a comb hence stimulating scalp and hairs.
I will try it, I bet it feels amazing. My general rule in using a comb on my bare scalp to either “scritch/scratch” will not allow me to fully enjoy this treatment as pre cribbed in Mane & Chick however she give an alternate solution which I find fully satisfying “ The use of a satin bonnet or some sort of barrier”
An than follow the next steps:
- Prep hair with a hair oil (something with rosemary/peppermint essential oils)
- Gather hair into ponytail at nape of neck
- Put on satin skull cap, plastic cap (on wet hair or if baggy-ing), or satin bonnet
- Take a ball-ended paddle brush, my fingers or Jilbere shower comb and scritch like there's no tomorrow: move brush in a zig zag pattern vigourously covering entire head
- Do this for as long as you can stand. (I do 5-10 minutes DAILY! I try to.)
And as she explains with details its benefits
Scritching has many benefits:
- Cleanses scalp by exfoliating dandruff, debris and dead cells
- Remedies hair loss
- Encourages hair growth
I will start scratching today!!!